25 – 27 seconds
- Make sure your water temperature is 92°C. Grind your coffee beans at a fine setting. Wipe the portafilter (piston) with a small dry cloth to ensuring that it’s dry and to remove any leftover grounds.
- Place portafilter on the scale and tare, weighing 19.5gr of coffee into your portafilter basket.
- Tamp the coffee evenly, keeping your wrist straight.
- Weigh the cups into which you’re going to brew the coffee. Tare the scale.
- Turn on the machine to flush some water through the group head. This will help to stablize the temperature of the brew water, as well as rinse off any coffee grounds remaining from the previous brew.
- Lock the portafilter into the machine and arrange the cups beneath it. Get your timer device ready and start brewing as soon as possible. Make sure you start your timer when starting.
- Brew the coffee somewhere between 25 – 27 seconds with an output of 39 – 41gr (in your cup).
We’re happy to help you during one of our barista workshops. Here you’ll learn everything about making the perfect espresso, but also a cappuccino.