- Boil water up to 94°C. Grind your coffee beans at a medium to coarse setting.
- Remove plunger and distribute the coffee into your French Press.
- Tare your scale and start timer. Pour boiled water up to 60 gram, so all the dry coffee is wet. Wait for 30 seconds, to allow coffee to de-gas, also known as Blooming.
- Slowly start pouring the rest of the water on the ground coffee, until you reach 500gr of water. Steep your coffee by setting your timer to 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Once the time has passed, remove the crust that has formed on top of your coffee, using spoons. Scoop the crust and throw it out. The small bits of coffee left, will now sink to the bottom of the beaker.
- Wait for at least 6 to 8 minutes.
- Now add the plunger to your French press and slowly start pushing down. TIP- Stop right before hitting the coffee ground at the bottom of the beaker. This is so as not to disrupt the grind, as this will affect the flavours and and the clean tasting cup of coffee this method has to offer.
- Pour the coffee into your mug, leaving the last bit of coffee behind in your beaker. Still try not to get the slush of coffee into your mug!